An engagement session is a vital part of the entire process. During your engagement session, you’ll get the chance to know me, experience how I handle posing and lighting. Every romance has to begin somewhere, and your engagement photos will show your family and friends the first chapter in your love story.
Your engagement session can be scheduled anytime before your wedding day. I suggest booking it at least 3-6 months prior to ceremony. Weeknights are best between 4-7 depending on the time of year. In the winter, 12-3 is a normal time frame for the shoot.
The place where you first met; your favorite restaurant; the site of your knee bend proposal; the beach you walked together hand-in-hand – any of these locations can make fun, informal, intimate engagement photos that help to tell the story of you. If you can’t think of anywhere specific to do your session, I can make some suggestions. The more creative, the better.
It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken and preparing for an engagement session can be a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for outfits and accessories to make your e-shoot preparation a little more manageable.
- Don’t try to match – try to pick outfits that coordinate instead.
- Bring multiple outfits. I have a pop-up changing tent.
- Wear clothes you are comfortable in.
- Long flowy dresses photograph so well. And at the beach be prepared to get in the water.
- Pinterest is your friend. There are great ideas for outfit ideas and colors that go well together.
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize & make your outfits your own. Scarves, hats, bold necklaces and fun shoes are always welcome.
- Most patterns are actually okay but graphics are not favorable for portraits.
- Empty your pockets. You don’t want to have key chains or phones sticking out.
- Ladies, if you wear a low top, it limits the angles in which I can shoot you.
- Bring a prop to switch things up – a bottle of champagne & glasses, a guitar, picnic basket & blanket.
- Make a sign with your wedding date to bring along.
- Your pets are always welcome.
- Get your make-up trial on your e-session day.